Friday, December 3, 2010

love.light.laughter.

Hello "Weekend"

If I only knew the meaning. I, somewhere in a state of mental confusion decided months back that, working seven days a week was "for me". I absolutely do not mind since I do what I love, but it does get exhausting hearing about my friend's affair with their beds and sleeping in.

It's been a great Friday thus far, I said "see you later" to a wonderful co-worker and friend today, I am excited for her and her new endeavours! She finally decided to soar, and soar she will. I will miss our mandatory Friday 12-1pm sing-a-longs. She was and always will be the best 'beat maker'.

The one thing I was most excited about today is I finally figured out my half sleeve. I had been struggling with the usual questions of "how can I connect everything", "what will I just love forever" and it came to me about a week ago. I have always loved Archie and the Gang, so my half sleeve is going to be beyond kickass, like Archie may pop out and kick your ass if you stare too hard at his woman.

I always end up at my sister's lovely *coughjealouscough* condo Friday nights. We hang out, youtubing old videos of kid songs we loved, we talk, we have some wine, we smoke our cigarettes on her creeper balcony...we make up stories about her neighbours, it's really just an incredible feeling of love, respect and laughter when we hang out.

As the night dwindles down, that is when my heart begins to pump passion. The 509 takes me on (probably) my favorite street in downtown Toronto, from the intense view of the CN tower and it's beautiful surrounding buildings (scotiabank!!) to the harbour and all its glorious summer memories, the Redpath and Sugar Beach. My friend Jon once decided to rollerblade to SB, then he threw a boy fit when we all were on the sand and he was too stubborn to take them off so he chilled on the big rock (bright idea eh...shout out to Jon, he is my best friend after all :) and I love that dude) It is just magic! Houdini magic, not that fake ass Copperfield.

I dreamed of this city since I was 16, and everyday I am thankful and amazed by the view it provides my eyes, the noise that hammers in my ears, the bums that shit in front of me (okay, not really thankful for that but it is worth a mention...diverse city indeed). I pursued it through heartbreak and many struggles and the city has always looked out for me. Toronto is my unofficial boyfriend..(he keeps getting a restraining order on me..apparently, I walk all over him)

Onto a nail tip......(drum roll please) grapes are not only a treat for the mouth, if you cut them in half and soak your cuticles, you will be stunned at the results and hey, you saved yourself a trip to get cuticle oil. (if you don't use cuticle oil, its no wonder your man doesn't want those hands near his junk)

Oh! and I saw "Burlesque"... it cured my 24hr stomach flu, well Cher did at least, so if you get a chance to see it, I suggest it (Stanley Tucci is a sweetheart). If you don't go to the theatre, you can always go to your neighborhood 'Trade Secrets' and marvel in the wonderful collaboration of OPI and Burlesque. I recommend "Show it and Glow it".

hazah!

2 comments:

  1. ...soooo eloquent!!!

    and as always, you continue to amaze and astound us mere mortals...

    xooxo oooooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the walkin all over him part. awesome metaphor. P.s. stop draggin my heart around K

    ReplyDelete