Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Meeting Your Maker

I was fortunate enough today to have an amazing client with an endearing story. She walked in with her Mom, head scarf and all. I was thinking "damn, that is a nice scarf and she has a tale". I initially thought it was aloepecia, which has invaded my life since I was 17. The insecure, inappropriate comments I had faced (still do to this day) all came back to me.

My client and her Mom decided to do mani/pedi's and I was introduced to Tara. I immediately felt connected. She, after about 10 minutes told me that she was sick, she was diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma in September. My heart almost stopped. She is 23.

To see such spirit within someone who knows a last breath, chance of laughter, shot at love are coming quickly to an end, made me want to live for her. To live for me. To live for the douche bags that look at her funny because she 'looks' different.

I have strong beliefs in positive energy towards life and the universe. If you live life daily with optimism, the universe will shoot it right back at you. I guess being in a terribly abusive relationship and leaving successfully helped me with these notions I have. There had to be something greater, a calling for me. And it smacked me in the face almost a year ago.

I lost a friend in August 2009. Anyone that lives in Ontario knows about the Michael Bryant case. Darcy was a friend, I saw him a half an hour before his death. When I found out he passed away, that is when I chose to live, chose to live with love, with possible rare honesty, with profound depth into just living. I do not let one day go by without telling my loved ones that I love them. I do not carry on with a shield. I lay it all on the line, whether or not my heart may break.

My client Tara, she was a force of positive energy. She smiled when talking about possible wigs to wear (as someone with aloepecia, I recommended her to some places). She did not shy away from questions about her illness. She provided ME with such great strength, I'm sure she didn't know it, but her spirit felt it.

It is sad to know that one's life with end suddenly, but we all die. It's what good you do in this world, what happiness we provide to the ones we love, the sacrifices we make as human beings to make the memories last within us, until we meet our maker.

To my client, Tara.... your will to live and to experience more than what was handed to you...
The beginning of life is where you think it's ended...the end is never an absolute.

hazah!

3 comments:

  1. wow! powerful story. thanks for sharing.

    sounds like you were given a great opportunity to meet such a wise, wonderful and positive woman.

    a blessed day for you. special prayers and good karma is sent out to Tara.

    most people introduced into our lives carry an important message for us. the trick is to be quiet long enough to just listen...

    take good care of you. :)
    xooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. its true the being quiet long enough to listen. Thank you for the inspiration. I take alot for granted and apreciate eye openers like this.

    ReplyDelete