Friday, December 31, 2010

Develop, Revamp, Appreciate

I'm going to finally do it. I'm going to spend my 2010 tax return. I have a vision of what my style will be for 2011. It's going to do what I like to call "kick ass and take names".

I want to thank Jaime Lee Curtis for getting my ass in gear on the whole "dress yourself in a simple wardrobe of black and white". It gives you room to literally embellish and with a Mother like mine, you best believe your accessories are amazing.

I admire Marlon Brando because his look in "The Wild One" has inspired me to move my style into first gear of loving leather and mili boots.

The one and only Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. How I would love for you to be in my nightly dreams. You are the epitome of class and a lady (that's right Grace Kelly, you saw this from above). Whatever happened to frivolous practicality within hats?! Roy Frowick would be rolling around in his ever so spacious grave. (yes, I am talking about Halston).

I am going to dedicate the start of my new year with an intricate fashion board--straight up for inspiration. I like to live by 'fail to plan, plan to fail'. So yes, style does come either naturally or not, but it is never a bad decision to plan what yo' ass be wearing. (Would you go to Mexico without an itinerary?!)

Hello 2011, hello lace, hello faux fur, hello simple lines, hello my ass is big and yeah, I'm still gonna wear jeggins.


 

How much his style influenced us all years later...




My Favorite Photo Of The First Style Icon




Rachel Bilson is the evolution of style and I cherish this woman's ideals of it all.


Laptop will not let me rotate it! The start of my board.


hazah!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!!! (... said in Frosty's voice of course)

    "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense"

    - Ralph Waldo Emerson


    xooXoxx

    ps - with YOUR posterior, ALWAYS choose the figure-lovin' jeggings! ;)

    ReplyDelete