Monday, January 3, 2011

dream a lil dream of me

I have a love affair with dreaming. Most human beings would say they enjoy sleep because it recharges their energy, to hell with energy, I sleep for the dreaming aspect. I get so captured in the adventures, the realness that I feel when I am dreaming vs the confusion of when I awake.

I find it all very mysterious. This is one aspect that no matter how you try, you just cannot control. Some people believe that dreams are fragments of what happened in your day and people you thought of. I guess I can see where that idea comes from, but hey, get in my head when I'm dreaming...there is no way in hell I was thinking about being back in high school for a few missed credits at 24.

I have very intense dreams. I frequently consult my friend Sarah about them. She gives really wonderful and genuine insight to what they could mean. I am thankful for her, otherwise I would be pretty miserable at work when I have my tsunami dreams that you know, wipe out all and everything around me. Strange how dreams affect you after you have woken up and realized life is still there. And boy, they do affect me most days.

Last night, I had some crazy series of dreams. I dreamt that an old flame and I were back together and it was (in the dream) just the most magnificent relationship ever. Funny thing about this person, he actually took form of his father...weird I know. So first thing I did as I woke was bbm'd Sarah to tell her about it and I will probably keep her updated about my emotions this whole fucking day. I was back in a state of love for this person when I woke up...now as the green tea has kicked in, I'm in more of a neutral state. I don't like when this person comes into dream play, I make myself believe that he (from the dream) has some ability to affect my day.

Other than those mix ups....dreaming is fucking fantastic. I've learned to race cars, fly with ease, ride the grandest roller coasters and much much more. I love what my brain comes up with each and every night. It's almost like I'm fulfilling small goals that really are either not humanly possible (yeah, no one can fly, no matter what the drug..winkwink) or that will take me some time (I'm scared of heights but somehow I manage in dreamworld).

I tend to keep the dreams I love very private so I can revisit them at a later time in life. It's one of my weird quirks but I believe if you tell too many people, that dream will close up. It's no wonder I haven't been back to South Africa with Kate Moss.

So whether it's in life or sleep...DREAM BIG!!...like Tom Hanks ;)

Fuck, now I could really use a nap.




hazah!

1 comment:

  1. Jkat your childlike innocense in your thought process is what enthralls me. I cought myself figuratively nodding in affirmation when you touched on the whole realness factor of the feeling you get when dreaming. And can I get a "hell ya" about those mix ups. We've all had them. They're perplexing and sometimes downright disturbing(me having sex with my Dad like WTF!!!!)not even my fucked up head could think that shit up.Thank God I have an open mind and can recognize that we can't control or have any say in what our heads dream up. It's refreshing when you get a really good dream and wanna slip back into that blissful state of mind. Thanks for reminding me that I've got things to look forward to at the end of a tiring day. Dreamers Unite!

    ReplyDelete