Friday, January 7, 2011

Get Nailed

They say the grass is always greener on the other side, but here I stand in a concrete jungle. I do not believe that my life will be spent looking for a greener side, I live in a city of dreams and nothing is going to stop me from achieving them. I was born to succeed.

I want to discuss fun and simple nail patterns that will dominate your manicure.

-The Tuxedo (some people refer to this one as half moon, but I like to jazz it up) look is very easy to achieve. Get your manicurist to simply outline the half moon with a nail art brush and choose the colors you want. Easy Peezey Lemon Squeezey.



The Zebra (some refer to it as Tiger) look is another quick print that spices up those nails. Your manicurist will paint your nails to your liking then she will take a nail art brush of a complementary color and quickly make lines that oppose each other. Grrr baby grrr.



The French 2.0 look revisits the classic take. I am not a big fan of classic french manicures (are you that boring in bed too?!) And this is just as fun! You can choose one or more lacquers and use the same steps of applying as you normally would. Jazz it up with nail art pens after.




The Checkered look is very eye catching. It takes a little more time to do (about 20 minutes) but the results are stunning. Choose your lacquers and have your manicurists 'map out' the lines in a black nail art pen, proceed to fill in the lines with opposing colors and then finish with strong black lines.






So there you have it! Be daring when it comes to what you wear on your nails. You only live once and there is so much amazing and original nail art out there. If you do not live dangerously with your clothing, why not represent with your nails?

Funny side note: My sister got her nails done yesterday. She went to a place called "princess nails" (so fitting for her) and she was watching them like a hawk. She was asking them about services I do for her and my clients for no extra charge, a UV gel top coat for one, and they looked at her like 'how the fuck does she know about this?!'


Now, on a last note...I am sooo excited that Blue Valentine has finally opened. Ryan Gosling has been my celebrity dream man since he was cast as Sean on "Breaker High". He and Michelle Williams look flawless in it--I being without cable haven't even seen the trailer but what they touch will be movie gold.



hazah!

No comments:

Post a Comment