Saturday, January 8, 2011

how long has your head been in your own ass?!


"take my advice, if your heart's not in it, let it go"
those are the sweet words of reggae artist Beres Hammond from his song 'let it go'
"stop wasting time, don't fool yourself, it won't grow"
"if your heart's not in it"

Okay..I am done my rambling...or am I?! I just do not have respect for most music these days. I live for music. I used to live for stealing my parents cds..now that I do not live at home it's more difficult (my own collection has always beat theirs but its nice to NOT buy your own Garth Brooks greatest hits cd)...I used to have a policy that if I have it for more than two weeks than damn straight it belongs to me!!! Oh! and how well that went over with my folks.

I am not a fan of Lady Gaga. Yes, she is catchy but so is herpes. I do not understand why she makes music. If Frank Zappa were still alive, he would spit in her wannabe face..then he would realize that spitting is not enough and he would, from heaven pass the torch to his son Ahmet. Her lyrics are bogus..(bill and ted could have done a better job writing songs)

Another loser is Katy Perry. As a nail technician, she is a daring dream. As a vocalist, she is the ughh, ewww and why oh why!!! I think she sounds alot like Ethel Murman...think about it and listen once again to everything she has made.

I am a believer in music. I live to sing, ask my parents, ask my sisters, ask Sarah, ask Natalie (okay so, you don't know these people). I just love singing. I have a wonderful voice...my Madre used to stand outside my room when I thought she was out shopping, she would knock on my door when I would finish singing "killing me softly" and barge in saying how great I was... (umm yeah ma, I know, but I'm in my skivvies). I would put on Cher concerts for my Mom most friday nights. I would drop Whitney's "I will always love you" on my friends at the bus stop to rave reviews. DO YOU GET HOW MUCH I AM IN LOVE WITH THE WORD OF MUSIC YET?

I am a fan of the ability to strum a guitar a la Jimmy Page. I am a fan of the concern I feel for most people when they try to sing Celine Dion. I am a fan of the beautiful and never ending voices of the Mamas and the Papas. I am a fan of the one and only Otis Redding that cures any bad day in my opinion. I am a fan of John Fogerty and his voice full of soul that makes you crank 'do do do looking out my back door' (I say John Fogerty instead of CCR because his own brother stole all his music lawfully from him but then died of cancer in 91..ha) I am in love with the heavy metal of Metallica, that if you break it down, it is nothing but classical music 2.0 (and yeah, I am after your penis James Hetfield....and then the rest of you after I have decided that you're well endowed).

Another great mention should be Heart...the way Nancy Wilson air kicks is like the only aerobics video I need. Ann Wilson is the only bitch that could carry Led Zepplin if 'sir your highness' Robert Plant would let her.

My post could go on forever...but since this is not my computer (donations can be made at jessikaneedsanewlaptop.com) I will end it for now.

When you listen to your ipod or disc-man (yep, I still rep it, have not charged the pod since summer 10) make sure that it is with words and lyrics that help or influence your life... not the fact that you have a poker face, or that you kissed a girl and liked it..
People will and have judged you.


hazah!

1 comment:

  1. hey - thanks for reminding me, "now, gimme back my Jose Feliciano cd, man!!!"

    you're BUSTED!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete