Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Do you believe in magic?!

I am a woman of mystery.

I got a tattoo (my 15th) on Monday evening after work. I have always wanted to get my parents wedding date, finally after years of pissing, I decided to get off the pot. 
As the needle touched my skin, '3 libras' by A Perfect Circle came on the radio and 'Vicarious' by TOOL followed. I know what you're thinking, so fucking what?

Well now, let me help you piss your pants...those two songs have played for the last 6 tattoos I have gotten (and this has been since I was 20, getting inked in Ottawa and Toronto in various parlours) as soon as the artist started on my permanent marking of awesome.

Part two of piss in your pants is the fact that my ex-loverman is Maynard James Keenans' (singer for both bands) biggest fan. They are truly wonderful bands and anyone who loves progressive rock, feels the same way. The words that MJK uses through music is endearing, dangerously intune to another spiritual level, and frankly fucking fantastic.

Part three of piss in your pants is the fact that my ex-lovah (all will ferrell in a hot tub style on yo' ass) is a man of wicca. For those that do not know about wicca, I would suggest to read about it. A lot of people miscontrue this as crazy, black magic witchcraft; it is not in any way, shape or form. Wicca is a religion, a distinct spiritual path, that does no harm. People who use wicca to harm or hex will ultimately be doing damage to their own karma.
So back to pissing, he had this book of shadows (a journal with wicca protection so only said person can look into it without spells being put out there to a nosy fucker). It was filled with pictures, sketches, symbols, prayers, thoughts that all concerned his love for me even before we started dating. I never fucking thought twice when he would sit next to me and write in it, and he would usually ask me to look away when he would put it back to its place.

I do not believe in coincidences, everything happens for a reason (thanks Jude... www.tweal.blogspot.com ). I have had 50% of friends laugh at my 'silliness' and the other 50% question and wonder what the hell is up with that? (thanks Sarah, girl you have my back even if it's sweaty from yoga) I decided on Tuesday to go to Indigo and get a book on wicca, to try to understand where this was/is coming from.

It is crazy. I stayed up until 2am reading into our planets, our charts, our numbers, our rock/gemstones, our animals, our rules, our body. What I found (which this ex has known for years) is quite extreme.

The numbers for my planet (the sun) are 1, 6, 7, 8, 21, 111. This struck me seeing as my birthday is August 21 (08.21). His numbers are 4, 5, 6, 7, 72, 175 for his planet Venus and he has no numbers for his planet Pluto (he is a cusp baby).

With your planet you are given a 'magic square' that has scattered numbers from 1-42 in it. Depending on your planet, some squares are small, medium, and large. I noticed right away that if I counted my squares as years, in the 25th spot I will be 25 years old (also counts as 2012 and trust me, my planet talks a lot about the mayans). I turned to his square, and guess mother fucking what...on his 25th spot is the number 25. I also saw that when I was 17, my square held his birthdate number of 23 (I was 17 when I first saw him and fell in love).

Another fun fact, when it comes to my metal, I am gold..the book said that gold corresponds to diamonds, the heart and the letter E...yup, you guessed it--that is what his name starts with. (and yeah, I just about shit my pants when I read that one)

When it comes to rocks/gemstones...we both shared amber which is Venus' planet and Leos' astrological house. Amber is used to balance yin (one of his rules) and yang (one of my rules). He also has amythest as one of his gemstones. Amythest correspondes to Jupiter (a planet based on my fire element) and Pluto (one of his planets). Thursday is amythests' day...fuck I was born on a Thursday!

I could go on with more of the strange similarities...but I'm going to leave it to my belief in the effects of positive energy within the universe.. I just feel that I was meant to get that tattoo on Monday, to hear those songs again in the weirdest, unexplainable of way, and to research what it could all mean.

I wound up at Indigo again today to look at books on dreams and stumbled upon a Leo book for 2011. It had day by day characteristics for this year, and my day for tomorrow Thursday January 27th, 2011 said that I would be moving. HOW FUCKING TRIPPY IS THAT?!

I will leave you with provoking thoughts and a poem/spell that I fell in love with as a little girl (seriously, I stole it from the school library and if some bitch hadn't made me return it, who knows where I would be)



 The Poison Tree by William Blake

I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe;
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I water'd it in fears,
Night & morning with my tears;
And I sunned it with my smiles
And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright;
And my foe beheld it shine,
And he knew that it was mine,

And into my garden stole
When the night had veil'd the pole:
In the morning glad I see
My foe outstretch'd beneath the tree


My new addition with a side of alien smile


                                  Shatter by OPI worn with Lemon Fuzz by China Glaze


hazah!

1 comment:

  1. I remember you telling me that story it creeps me the fuck out! its amazing how we have almost the same spirituality beliefs. I know that the "higher power"has great plans for us!

    ReplyDelete